RAD Project-Based Vouchers w/ Certification Exam
Location: DESIGNATED NAHRO TRAINING CENTER – GLEN BURNIE, MD
7477 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd Glen Burnie, MD 21061-3504
Date: May 13-14, 2019
Credits: 1.95 Continuing Education Units
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended as an introduction for public housing or HCV staff transitioning to the PBV program as well as for anyone unfamiliar with RAD PBV. The course begins with an overview of the basics of both RAD and PBV and explores the differences between tenant-based vouchers and project-based vouchers as well as the difference between PBV and RAD PBV. Staff will leave with an understanding of how to set rents, how PBV contracts work, how to determine eligibility and operate the waiting list, the basics of inspections, how units are leased, how to organize files, and occupancy issues such as annual recertification, income increases, and terminations.
Total: 2 days
Day 1: 8:00am – 8:30am – Check In
Day 1: 8:30am – 4:30pm – Training
Day 2: 8:30am -12pm – Training
Day 2: 12pm – 2pm – Exam
For more information on the event and to register, CLICK HERE.
From Our Blog
- Microsoft joins King County, housing authority to purchase five apartment complexes to combat housing crisis
- Colorado Governor Signs New Bed Bug Law For Landlords And Tenants
- HUD Publishes Description of NSPIRE Demonstration in the Federal Register
- Maryland Finances a Record Number of Affordable Housing Units
- Apartment Turnover Rate Continues to Fall